Back to Top
Skip to main content

Enrollment and Student Academic Information Bulletin

Office of Admissions
940 E. Seventh Street, Bloomington, IN 47405-1106
Telephone (812) 855-0661

International Admissions, Office of International Services
400 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, IN 47406
Telephone (812) 855-9086


Prospective freshmen should apply online at

Visits to campus can easily be arranged online at

Naturally, nothing replaces a visit to our campus. The Admissions Office is open Monday-Friday throughout the year and on many Saturdays during the summer, fall and spring semesters. Campus tours are available on most days when classes are in session. Please arrange your visit several weeks in advance.

Transfer Students

Prospective transfer students should apply online at

Current Indiana University undergraduate students who wish to transfer credits from another accredited U.S. or overseas institution can see how these credits will transfer by using the Credit Transfer Service. This service can be accessed online at

Using the Credit Transfer Service is not a requirement for transfer of credit. Students need only have an official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions once the coursework has been completed to have the courses evaluated for transfer credit. The transfer of credit is subject to final approval by the dean of the school in which the student will earn an IU degree.

Intercampus Transfers

Undergraduates enrolled in a degree program at another IU campus who want to transfer to the Bloomington campus should not reapply for admission. Instead, follow the appropriate procedure by completing an intercampus transfer application available at

International Students

Any international student (graduate or undergraduate) applying for admission to a degree program at Indiana University must submit the following:

  • Appropriate application for admission. Freshmen and transfer students are encouraged to apply online at
  • Other supporting materials as outlined on the admissions website at

Graduate Students

All persons wishing to pursue a degree at the graduate level must be admitted by the appropriate department, division, program, or school. Admission is made to a particular area for a particular degree, and no student shall be considered a candidate for a degree without having been admitted to work toward that degree.

Application forms are available from the following schools of the University: University Graduate School; School of Library and Information Science; Schools of Business; Education; Informatics; Journalism; Music; Law; Medicine; Nursing; Optometry; Social Work; Public Health; and Public and Environmental Affairs.